Call for Local Experiment Partners
SHARED GREEN DEAL was offering local/regional authorities and not-for-profit organisations the opportunity to partner with us to run social experiments focused on the following six priority Green Deal topics: Clean Energy, Circular Economy, Efficient Renovations, Sustainable Mobility, Sustainable Food, Preserving Biodiversity.
Utilising diverse participatory approaches to involve local stakeholders and citizens, the experiments will address the behavioural, social and cultural dimensions of the European Green Deal. The social experiments aim to facilitate and learn from change processes at both individual and collective levels whilst collecting research data in the process.
The 24 locations was announced in April 2023.
Local Partners of SHARED GREEN DEAL
|Region||Stream||Organisation||Experiment location (not org. location)|
|East||Renovation||Habitat for Humanity Magyarország Alapítvány||Nógrád County, Hungary|
|West||Renovation||Mayo County Council||Louisburgh locality including Clare Island and Inishturk Island, Ireland|
|North||Renovation||Let's renovate the city||Vilnius, Lithuania|
|North||Clean Energy||Fonden Motorfabrikken Marstal||Ærø, Denmark|
|South||Clean Energy||Diptuacion de Granada||Granada, Spain|
|East||Clean Energy||Alliance of Associations Polish Green Network||Belchatow, Poland|
|West||Clean Energy||Essex County Council||Essex, UK|
|South||Food||ASFODELO||Cella Monte, Italy|
|West||Food||Gemeente Wageningen||Wageningen, Netherlands|
|East||Food||Klíma ?a potrebuje||City of Koice, Slovakia|
|North||Mobility||Environmental center for Administration and Technology (ECAT)||Kaunas, Lithuania|
|East||Mobility||Sofia Development Association (SDA), project SOfiaGREEN||Sofia, Bulgaria|
|South||Mobility||Municipality of Braga||Braga, Portugal|
|West||Mobility||An Mheitheal Rothar||Galway, Ireland|
|East||Biodiversity||Posoki razvojni center||Tolmin, Slovenia|
|West||Biodiversity||Ballyhoura Development CLG||Kilfinane, Ireland|
|North||Biodiversity||Environment and health department, City of Stockholm||Stockholm, Sweden|
|South||Biodiversity||Municipality of Amaroussion||Athens, Greece|
|South||Circular economy||Cyprus Organisation for Standardisation (CYS)||Nicosia/Limassol/Larnaca, Cyprus|
|South||Circular economy||Camara Municipal de Santo Tirso||Santo Tirso, Portugal|
|East||Circular economy||Technology Park Ljubljana||Ljubljana, Slovenia|
|West||Circular economy||Val de Marne en Transition||Val-de-Marne, France|
Overall commitments applicable to all streams
- Attend 12 online progress meetings (1/month) to update your SHARED GREEN DEAL contact partner on your latest activities and progress. This involves responding to a brief monthly progress survey pre-meeting.
- Participate in an in-person 1,5-days training linked to your experiment stream (in English) in April 2023 - travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed via an additional budget provided by SHARED GREEN DEAL.
- Participate in an in-person 1,5 days study tour within the field of your social experiment in late 2023 or early 2024 - travel and accommodation costs will be reimbursed via an additional budget provided by SHARED GREEN DEAL.
- Undertake 10 in-depth interviews with the local target stakeholders and citizens of the social experiment INCLUDING translating the questions from English into your local language and the answers into English. Interview resources and transcripts will be provided by the SHARED GREEN DEAL project.
To be eligible for this SHARED GREEN DEAL Grant, applicants must:
- Be located in the EU or countries associated with H2020 (note: this includes the UK for this call)
- Be either:
- A local or regional authority (including municipalities, cities, towns, villages and their local municipally owned companies and agencies. )
- A not-for-profit organisation (e.g. NGOs, civil society organisations, associations etc).
Each of the six streams of SHARED GREEN DEAL will provide funding to four different locations.
You can move forward with the application by confirming your interest through this link or by filling in the form below.
The call is closed. Thank you for the interest.
For further details please contact co-leads Professor Chris Foulds (email@example.com) and Professor Rosie Robison (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement No 101036640. The sole responsibility for the content of this website lies with the SHARED GREEN DEAL HAS project and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the European Union.